Monday 2 February 2015

Update on my script

I've heard back from the big shot producer I mentioned in a previous post.

He didn't take on my idea - his words were "It didn't have me on the edge of my seat.  I'm not sure that there are any networks out there looking for this kind of thing at the moment"- but that's ok.  Although it wasn't the response I was hoping for, obviously, I was happy with it.

I've always felt that honesty, no matter how brutal, is a form of respect.  It's the insincere gushings that I find most difficult to deal with - "it's an amazing script but it's not for me", etc.  I'm not going to go all X Factor, "No one's going to step on my dreams" but I'm not going to give up straight away because, after all, it's just one person's opinion.  However, I don't want to waste my time on something that's not going to go anywhere.  People have suggested filming it myself and putting it on YouTube but we'll see.

Watch this space...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...