Friday 7 December 2012

Hero beauty product - Liz Earle's Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser (and a useful tip)

Apologies for the slightly late publication of this post.  I was working a long day yesterday and didn't have time to publish it.

**

I love Liz Earle's Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser, I really do.



If I've had a rough few days & my complexion's looking a bit crocodile like, it really sorts me out.  It's also brilliant for prepping the skin prior to using a face mask.

For those who are unfamiliar with the product, you apply it to the skin, then take the muslin cloth supplied, run it under hot water, squeeze it so there's no excess water left and use it to rub off the cleanser using circular movements.  This acts to exfoliate the skin.

Now here's my handy tip.  Once you've rubbed off the cleanser, run the cloth under the hottest water you can stand, squeeze out the excess water, open up the cloth to its fullest and hold it against the face for ten seconds.  Do this three times.  This has a mild steaming effect on the skin and really loosens blackheads and other assorted muck.  If you're going to use a face mask afterwards, your complexion will be extra receptive to the mask because the pores are open.  If you're not using a mask, run the cloth under cold water and hold it against the face for ten seconds.  This closes the pores and prepares the skin for make up, etc.

I can't use this every day because it does dry out my skin a little but two or three times a week keeps me looking radiant and the congestion at bay.  Just remember to wash the cloth once a week and don't use fabric conditioner.  You need it to be slightly rough to the feel to be able to exfoliate properly.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...