Sunday 19 August 2012

Beauty review - Weleda Pomegranate Firming Night Cream and Pomegranate Serum

I've reached that age where everything is starting to head southwards, so I'm always on the look out for products which address the problem.  When Weleda's Pomegranate Firming Night Cream and Pomegranate Serum arrived in my Latest in Beauty box, I was keen to try them.

I started with the serum.
 
It had a light, pleasant texture and was easy to apply.  Immediately I could feel a tightening effect as the serum dried.  After a couple of days, it did seem to me that my skin was a little more taut and I think over time the effects would be more noticeable but I only had a 7ml tester.

Then I went on to the night cream.

I was far less happy with this.  The texture was far too rich, even for my dry skin and I ended up with a breakout of spots.  The smell was overwhelming and my boyfriend called it 'revolting'.

In the UK, the range can be bought at http://www.weleda.co.uk.  I couldn't find anywhere that sold it in the US.

1 comment:

Style At Every Age said...

I have never heard of nor tried this. Shame about your skin breaking out, how annoying! I like the sound of those beauty boxes, it must be better to build your own x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...