Monday 28 November 2011

Nanoblur - yes or no?

You can't fault the marketers of Nanoblur for confidence.


To say that their product will make you look '10 years younger in 40 seconds' is a bold statement to say the least.

The basis of their claim is that Nanoblur creates an optical illusion with light reflecting particles which essentially airbrushes away the signs of ageing - wrinkles, dark spots, sagging etc.  The nerd part of me was intrigued by this premise so when I spotted it in Boots in Newcastle, I had to give it a go.

My first impression on application was that it seemed to slightly dull the complexion.  This is no bad thing - it toned down the ruddier areas & mattified the shinier ones and overall my skin tone was more even.  Besides that, I couldn't see much of a difference.

When I wore it out in public however, the reaction was interesting.  My boyfriend commented quite spontaneously on how amazing I looked.  My brother, who is blunt in the way only a sibling can get away with, told me that I was looking good.  I had a lot more lingering glances than usual from gentlemen.  

I wasn't complaining...

I probably will buy this again although I'm not sure how long the product will be around.  I think customers will be irritated by the outrageous claim which can never be fulfilled and won't buy a second tube.

A few notes about application.  If you have dry skin, it's advised on the blurb to mix it in with your moisturiser.  I have very dry, sensitive skin and personally I found it better to apply moisturiser, wait a few seconds and then apply Nanoblur.  It has a tightening effect but I didn't suffer any adverse reactions.  

It's also advised to apply Nanoblur on top of foundation.  Don't.  When I tried this, I had to wipe off my foundation and start again. It just mixes the foundation into a goopy mess.  I don't think you need Nanoblur if you have the right foundation.

In the U.K. you can buy it from Boots here for £19.99 and elsewhere in the world here

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...